Sunday, June 29, 2008

Check Mate

I cannot write you.
I cannot explain those
Stacked questions
Still remaining unanswered
You'd whisper
And speak
So slowly
As I could not understand
Your simplistic and complex
Selves
As if they were so different from mine.
I'd buy your truths
For millions
If I'd only saved my pennies
Your theories, your mysteries, your lies
Oh, that rain
That taps on the window
And spills over the pane
But I know every note
It played
If it wasn't for that
I wouldn't have stayed.
How can you stay so unopen?
To the endless, limitless
Expressions I could give you
If you ever needed them
Replacing every smile with a sigh
Why?
Do you replace me?
Every
Single
Time
Our eyes met up in passing
Lasting a second longer than most
I never built a safety net
I'm working on mine now
Because I see how yours
Is working all too well
And as far as I can tell
You're broken.
You can't build bridges
With a torch in your hand.
Oh, this mis-shapen form
My mind has taken
When the only one playing the game
Is you.
No wonder you're winning.
Is there a reason
You've pushed me a way
At such a fast rate?
So let's play again.
Check mate.

No comments: