Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stay

If I wanted to be unfair to you
I would've made you stay
In your wishy washy
Condescending
Mind bending
Kind of way
You didn't think I realized
You didn't think I knew
That I could see right through you
When you didn't want me too
You cheapen the moment
By falling asleep
Though I can tell that you're restless
With the thoughts you can't keep
I know
Your laugh when things aren't funny
The way you brush things to the side
The smile when you don't mean it
When you finally did decide
You would stick to your guns
In the rain or in the sun
No one could beat you
Even if they tried
You'd touch me softly
Then quickly dismiss it
But I knew better
Because then you'd smile
Like you mean it
And thats why I stayed
So with your heart so locked up
As if I couldn't tell
Who knew keeping to yourself
Would suit you so well
So fly by the seat of your pants
It's the only thing that free
You're catching up on purpose
Perhaps to be with me
As if that made a difference
But my tears speak more volumes
Than I can
Even if we used all my best lines
And all of your one liners
We still wouldn't fit the bill
Because my thoughts spilled over
And you'd just watch them spill
If I wanted to be unfair to you
I would've asked you to stay
I never called you mine
But I'll miss you anyway.

No comments: