Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Take a Step Back

I have a new job working at a detox facility. It has been very interesting to say the very least, which lets be honest, I should have really expected that because, for heaven sakes, I'm surrounded by drug addicts all day. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. I really do heart most of the clients I see every day.
I was on my half hour break the other day, and I usually go to the nearby SB (starbucks) and get myself an "iced chai really lite on the ice" this particular day I had NO money. No means to get myself a chai. So as I dumped out all my change trying to desperately come up with $4. in quarters and dimes I suddenly took a step back and looked myself and realized..um...haha this is what my clients at my job do every day! Scrounging for anything they have to get their substance fix! So I'll be committing myself to detox for my problem any day now.

5 comments:

Kath, Becca, and Ellie said...

i love this!! love it. and it's so true- we all have our weaknesses, eh? mine just happens to be Mohinder. Whatever. :)

Lindsay said...

haha, i used to be addicted to iced chai at sb too!

Shaw Family said...

Look at my lil Christinee helping these poor drug addicts! I love that you're a counselor you always were such a great listener!! So um me misses you so much and just because I have kids does not mean I am too busy for my number one. Kapeesh?!

:: ashley :: said...

we are making our blog private, so send me your email at ashleyrosereeves@gmail.com, and we'll send you an invite!

whitneytherose said...

Dito Christina. Dito.