Thursday, August 28, 2008

LONG STORY SHORT

-haha just a preface...this title is a little hillarious..because my poem isn't any shorter!

I watch tear drops
Make their design
On sheets of paper
That spoke every truth
And every whisper
Of where I stand
With you.
That you will never see
They're the shadow of a voiceless
The way that you see me.
But at least I'd know
I meant it
Even for just that moment
It counted for something
With substance.
Never once turning away
Never once slipping through my fingers
A touch that lasted minutes
Would linger
On my skin for hours
Wishing you would see
Wishing you would stay
Just to be with me.
Long story short
I loved you.
At least I came real close
But at arms length
You had to have me
Pick that route without a choice
I bit down on my lips
To stop words from escaping
And meeting you half way
That mess it would make
Just to say...
Any of it.
I'd laugh with you
Not at you
A joke at my expence
But every time you'd hold me
I belonged there.
If that makes any sense.
I didn't want a reminder
I didn't want you to see
That you made me smile
That with you
There was a melody
In my head.
When I woke up.
You can always read my mind
But not my heart
I never thought it'd matter
Not knowing the invisible thoughts.
But with your bold curiosity
Don't bother.
I'd lie if you asked me.

No comments: